First when it comes to third party damage
Recognised as experts in the handling of third party property damage claims our instructions come from a broad spectrum of causes such as fires, flood and M&E equipment failures to explosions resulting from negligently manufactured products and the defective installation of plant and equipment.
We have a diverse and varied portfolio of work and we deal with a wide variety of property claims for our clients both internationally and in the UK.
Examples of our track record include:
- Developing a niche practice in defending agricultural claims such as those brought against the suppliers of pesticides and herbicides as well as the liability of farmers for fallen trees
- Handling claims against local authorities for damage due to street works and tree root subsidence
- Regularly advising on multi-million pound fire damage claims
- Successfully defending a claim involving a gas explosion in Portugal where the UK household policy responded
Key features of our work and approach comprise:
Achieving cost-effective settlements as swiftly as possible and without admission of liability
- Choosing the right cases to defend; we frequently achieve discontinuances/’drop hands’ settlements
- Eliciting contributions from other parties, installers and wholesalers
- Ensuring that sensitive technical material is not disclosed, particularly in product liability claims
- Reviewing and understanding technical evidence on causation
In this way we work hard to save time and money for our clients as we strive to preserve their reputation.
We provide a one-stop-shop to handle all our clients’ needs which sets us apart from our competitors and make our clients’ lives easier, more efficient and more productive. Features include:
- Covering other aspects of a claim involving injury and fatalities, including police and HSE investigations, inquests and corporate manslaughter issues through close co-operation with our personal injury and regulatory colleagues
- Maintaining close working relationships with market leading experts and loss adjusters which enables us to build the right teams for all level of cases
- Our international expertise which provides an added and unique aspect to our service provision further marking us out as ‘best in class’ for clients
Property Risks & Coverage