To download the full Plexus Pathways brochure as a PDF please click here.
Considering an Apprenticeship? Here’s five reasons to get your career off the ground with Plexus Law…
- We don’t just look for lawyers, we also have Apprenticeships in IT, Finance, HR, Business Administration and Digital Marketing.
- Earn while you learn: we offer a competitive wage to our Apprentices as well as funding your studies, meaning you will potentially finish your training with new skills, a qualification and no debts.
- We ensure that every Apprentice receives mentoring and support no matter what stage they are at, whether it is to help them understand their role in the business, develop their career path or provide a listening ear if they’re facing any problems or challenges.
- With over 80 Apprentices throughout our business, working at Plexus Law provides an excellent opportunity to build professional and personal relationships. Make long lasting friendships with like-minded people and remember, it’s not all work and no play…
- Location, Location, Location! With offices in Leeds, Manchester, London, Liverpool, Halifax, Evesham and Edinburgh plus in-house teams within an Insurers office in Birmingham, Bromley, Leeds and Manchester. We offer opportunities nationwide because it’s never too early to start planning your future.
So, could you be what we are looking for?
You need to have completed A-Level education or equivalent (including B-TECH) and we’d like to see a minimum of four GCSEs (including Maths and English) at Grade C or above. Subjects and grades are important but not imperative as we place real emphasis on you as a person, especially if you have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A positive work ethic
- A desire to learn
- Effective organisational skills
- An eye for detail
- A common sense approach
Are we what you are looking for?
During your two year Legal Apprenticeship with Plexus Law, you will gain experience with:
- Different aspects of the practice areas and legal work undertaken by the firm
- Administration and business support teams such as Finance and Human Resources
You will undertake either an Apprenticeship for Paralegals or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Legal Administration, both of which provide you with the foundation for a legal career.
Once you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, we will work with you to identify opportunities for further qualifications, based on individual performance and business needs. For those with exceptional potential, there are opportunities to undertake a Solicitor Apprenticeship and qualify as a Solicitor. We have offered seven of our current Apprentices scholarships with the University of Law to undertake the Solicitor route.
Alternatively, there may be opportunities for you to undertake CILEx qualifications or to apply via our Talent Pathways programme for Technical Co-ordinator or Team Leader roles if that is where your skills are most suited.
Hear from Oliver Newton on what it’s like and the benefits of being a Solicitor Apprentice at Plexus Law in the short video below.
Professional Support Apprenticeships
Our Professional Support (non-legal) Apprenticeships are designed for people who wish to develop a career in areas which help improve productivity and growth across our business. Apprenticeships are offered in our business support functions which include:
- Human Resources
- Business Administration
- Digital Marketing
As a Professional Services Apprentice with Plexus Law you will undertake a 12 – 24 months on the job training programme. During this time you will gain practical skills and experience with the team you are joining in addition to a relevant qualification.
Based on individual performance and business needs, we will work with you to identify opportunities for further qualifications once you have successfully completed your apprenticeship.
Ready to apply?
To apply to become an Apprentice at Plexus please send your CV and a covering letter detailing ‘Why you would like to work at Plexus as an Apprentice’. Please remember to specify whether you are applying for a Legal Apprentice position or a Professional Support position as well as which office location you would prefer. As we recruit on an ongoing basis, please submit your application as soon as possible for consideration.
CVs and covering letters can be submitted by email quoting reference number: 1801AP to email@example.com