Plexus Sports Team:
“..Many years of experience in the field.”
“..some fantastic work … best of all, the ability to explain complex legal issues in understandable terms..”.
The exponential increase in finance across all areas of professional sport in the last decade has totally changed the landscape and moved sport centre stage, both in the public eye and in the law.
Plexus’ dedicated Sports Team includes qualified medics, arbitrators sitting on disciplinary panels and trustees of governing bodies.
Sports within our expertise include:
- Association Football (where we routinely represent Premier League clubs and players, and those clubs and players in lower divisions) to include liabilities incurred on international duty
- Rugby, acting for Premiership clubs, staff and players, amateur clubs, match officials, coaches, governing bodies
Issues arising involve:
- Multi-million pound/career ending player-on-player claims; concussion/head trauma
- Claims between professional clubs both nationally and internationally
- Club medical team exposures both to their staff and third parties
- Advising on approaches from and responses to media enquiries, and reputational damage to individuals, embracing libel
- Employers’/public liability exposure across all professional and amateur sports
- Regulatory (including environmental health and police investigations), governance and disciplinary matters
- Advising on and drafting the laws, rules and regulations relating to sports
- Insurance coverage, multi-responding insurance policies
These days most clients prefer to conduct their business in camera. We specialise in manoeuvring disputes to quieter pastures away from public litigation and routinely represent our clients on matters in private arbitration, and involving the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) of course is an ever-present tool in seeking to further our clients’ objectives.
If litigation is necessary we have the skill, experience and assurance to prepare and guide clients through the process.