Legal advice built to last
Design and construction deficiencies, building failures, delays, overspend, lack of co-ordination and failing to comply with relevant standards and regulations. These are just some of the wide-ranging issues from which disputes may arise in the construction industry.
Our market leading team handles claims against:
- Engineers (civil, structural, mechanical & electrical)
- Design and build contractors
- Specialist sub-contractors
- Project managers
- Building surveyors
- Quantity surveyors
- Interior designers
- Consultants (e.g. planning, hydro-power, alternative energy)
From claims worth many millions of pounds to those valued at under £50k, our approach is always tailored on a case-by-case basis by a team who have extensive experience in construction disputes.
With the aim to avoid litigation if at all possible and manage disputes cost-effectively, as part of our process of dealing with claims, we also:
- Undertake all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and adjudication
- Use cost budgeting to help promote early settlement
- Use a network of trusted specialist experts to assist in assessing and responding to claims
- Proactively handle claims by working with clients to mitigate risk of increased claims
In addition to defending claims, we offer a range of other services for insurers, firms/companies and individuals operating in the construction industry, including:
- Advising on policy coverage issues (on a joint and/or sole retainer basis)
- Advising on risk management
- Undertaking recovery actions (including subrogated claims for insurers)
Experience tells us that a flexible approach and keeping a keen eye on commercial realities are key to helping our clients maintain their ongoing working relationships and building long-standing relationships.
We are focussed on delivering the best outcome for any claim, in as short a timeframe as possible, leading Chambers to report that Plexus has “noted strength on cases involving construction professionals” and that Gary Wicks, the Head of Construction, is “outstanding”.
Professional Indemnity & Financial Risks